Looking For Anything Specific?

What The Hell Is 'The Snail' Question?

… and the final showdown at the end of the universe, an animation that has racked up more than 2.3 million likes since first appearing on the app in late October. 

@typical_sandwich

Yet beyond envisioning the logistics of this chase, several TikTok-ers brought up another valid point in this entire slimy debacle, rich with that signature zoomer nihilism – is immortality even all that great? Think about it. As you the years turn to decades, turn to centuries, turn to millennia, you fall in and out of love, watch your friends, old and new, die time and time again, and realize your true loneliness on this flying rock. Is all that really worth out running a snail dead-set on catalyzing your demise? The answer, at least according to one theoretical from @bayleyistrying is a bit, erm, complicated. 

“I was wondering when you were gonna get here,” he says to the snail, inviting him to sit alongside him on a garden bench in the year 3005. “You know, I’ve seen a lot in these past thousand years. I’ve seen empires rise and fall, I’ve partied with celebrities, I’ve loved, I’ve lost, but that entire time, not a single person was there by my side. I was lonely. But there you were. Always there to come and kill me,” he continues. “You were always there for me, and I appreciate that now more than ever. I’m not afraid of you anymore. You can kill me if you want. I’ve come to accept it.”


What The Hell Is 'The Snail' Question?
Source: Pinoy Daily News

Post a Comment

0 Comments