Looking For Anything Specific?

'Seinfeld': Jason Alexander Almost Quit Over This Iconic George Costanza-Less Episode

Although “The Pen” was undeniably funny, often dubbed one of the series’s best installments, however, Alexander wasn’t amused, marching up to Seinfeld co-creator Larry David upon returning back to work the following week with an ultimatum: Either George would appear in every episode going forward or he’d make like his character after being denied access to the executive bathroom at his real estate job and quit (this time, presumably without coming back the following Monday like nothing ever happened).

“I said ‘if you don’t need me to be here every week, I don’t want to be here,'” the actor recalled telling David. ‘”So if you write me out again write me permanently.’

According to Alexander — in a very spot-on impression of the then-Seinfeld executive producer-turned Curb Your Enthusiasm leading man – David didn’t take too kindly to his sentiments, lamenting about the struggles of writing scripts accommodating the series’ leading quartet. The actor says he definitely saw David’s concerns, however, he remained unswayed, standing by his demands. 

“I went, ‘Don’t tell me your problems. I’m telling you, If you don’t need me to be here, if I’m not vital to every episode of this show, I don’t wanna be here. I don’t wanna do this,’ and they never did it to me again,” he explained.


'Seinfeld': Jason Alexander Almost Quit Over This Iconic George Costanza-Less Episode
Source: Pinoy Daily News

Post a Comment

0 Comments