Looking For Anything Specific?

Sure Seems Like We're Busier Post-Lockdown

I also developed new hobbies. Listening to audiobooks on long walks, meditation, fermenting, drawing, throwing away the food I fermented because I’m actually really bad at fermenting (mold is actually inedible, I learned). My therapist suggested I take up knitting to occupy my anxious hands. I did great work, nearly making a scarf for my anticipated niece/nephew (I gave up on the project when my sister announced it was twins—I’m not going to make two scarves, that’s just nuts). I painted, drew cartoons, and finally learned how to clean a Swiffer. I found much to occupy me in my studio apartment, and while many of the activities were stopgaps to keep me sane, some were downright enjoyable. I wasn’t happy, but I’d made peace with my new normal.

Swiffer

Mike Mozart

Life isn’t so bad. Swiffer can clean spilled mold.

Quarantine didn’t end suddenly, and, in fact, it hasn’t ended entirely. But lockdown orders have been lifted in many places in the US (although please continue to wear a mask indoors and isolate if exposed). After I was vaccinated, I started to dip my toes back into my old life. My schedule began to fill up with some of my old activities. I remember the first post-vax indoor dinner party. It was scary and awkward but also liberating and joyful. I began performing stand-up comedy at outdoor shows. I visited a friend for the weekend. I got my hair cut. I decided I didn’t like the haircut and adjusted it myself, which was a mistake. And my schedule began to look like what it once was.


Sure Seems Like We're Busier Post-Lockdown
Source: Pinoy Daily News

Post a Comment

0 Comments